Membership is now open for our 2022/2023 season, and initially please subscribe to our Membership Mailing List and you will receive an invitation/instructions on how to join.
Our season subscription is £36 and those aged 16-21 (inclusive) can join for the reduced price of £20. Your subscription will cover entrance to all 18 films and the opportunity to bring up to two guests to each film at a cost of £5 each. Your subscription will also give the added benefit of six free online films, selected by our Viewing Panel from local provider YourScreen, which will be available for you to watch at home. We also intend to have our popular Cheese & Wine event at Christmas.
See the first nine films in our 2022/2023 season here.
If you have any questions or queries regarding membership please email us here.
How to Renew – Making a Payment
1. Bank Transfer (our preferred method because CFS does not have to pay any fees)
Account Name: Cheltenham Film Society
Sort Code: 09 01 51
Account Number: 14975507
Reference: Surname+Initial(s)+current membership number
If multiple memberships are covered in one payment, please quote multiple membership numbers.
You can pay via PayPal on our website using a credit/debit card or your PayPal account, if you have one.
Click the “add to cart” button. A checkout will then appear. If you are happy, click the “Checkout with PayPal” button. If you want to delete your order, then instead click the bin sumbol.
Please write the name(s) and current membership number(s) (if known) on the back of the cheque for all memberships covered by your cheque payment. Send cheque to:
The Treasurer, Cheltenham Film Society,
Court Barn, Ham Road, Cheltenham GL52 6ND
What’s Included in your Subscription
Your subscription will cover entrance to all 18 films and the opportunity to bring up to two guests to each film at a cost of £5 each. This year your subscription will also give you the added benefit of six free online films, selected for you by our Viewing Panel from local provider YourScreen, which will be available for you to watch at home. We also intend to have our popular Cheese & Wine event at Christmas.
Other Points to Note
Now that COVID restrictions have ended we will be changing some of our processes and procedures to make them simpler and more cost-effective:
- As a renewing member you will retain the same membership number next year. So, if you were 481 in 2021/22, you’ll still be 481 in 2022/23.
- We will not be posting out programmes or membership cards in advance; both your card and a printed programme can be collected at the first screening you attend.
- We will not be recording names or membership numbers at the door; you will simply be asked to show your membership card on entry. There will also be no need to notify names of guests in advance.
- We will not be reverting to paper ‘audience reaction slips’, but will continue to collect your ratIngs and comments by means of Google Forms. As we will not be recording who attends screenings, this does mean that a Google Form will be sent to all members after each screening.