Sharply polarised reactions to Girlhood, which achieved an appreciation score of 66.41 per cent. There were 160 comments, the majority either “very good” or “good”.
A few examples:
- “Very moving and relevant. Loved it.”
- “Powerful, good performance by the main actress. The tension is palpable. Moving also.”
- “Wonderful shapes and forms. Beautifully observed progression.”
- “Different, interesting, challenging.”
- “Good to see a gritty non-sentimental film about life as a girl.”
- “Brooding menace from start to finish: a very difficult one to watch and enjoy.”
- “Far too long: very gripping and felt fear all the way long.”
- “A film of little hope.”
- “Nice ending! A determined lass.”
- “Noisy and tiresome. Thought it would never end.”
- “Not for me. Left early.”
There were some comments about the volume level. We will talk to the Bacon’s technical staff about that.
Meanwhile, one belated comment on The Lobster.
- “From last time: my friend and I haven’t stopped talking about it! Even tho’ I don’t think she liked it.”