Shown as part of our 2020/2021 Cheltenham Playhouse season.
An appreciation score of 93.36 per cent for The Guilty.
Some of your comments:
- A clever idea and a good twist. I found it excellent. Thank you.
- Great suspense and story line from such simple direction.
- To keep people’s attention on one room and with pretty much one actor on a phone would be challenge. I thought it was brilliantly acted and written, suspenseful and gripping. Best film I’ve seen in a while!
- Well written with excellent ‘reveals’ and wonderful central performance.
- Gripping, emotional, unexpected twist, made me think more about the challenging nature of the job of an emergency services person.
- Perhaps Asger and Iben marry and live happily together in the asylum with visits from Michael and Mathilde.
- Superb, superb, superb.
- Gripping film which was compelling from start to finish, with brilliant screenplay, sound and cinematography, with a mesmeric performance from Cerdegren.
- Amazing to achieve so much with one scene! Fantastic plot twists!
- Twists & turns in the film. He made assumptions all the time which proved to be wrong. Very well filmed.
- Very good indeed – one of the very best films CFS has ever shown. Demonstrates what can be achieved on what was probably a very small budget. Hollywood eat your heart out!
- Despite unpromising set-up, a superb central performance and a completely engrossing development. Unseen plot twists were just masterful.
- One of the best films I’ve ever seen!
- Excellent story, though hardly worth a film rather than an audio play.
- Rather a harrowing film quite claustrophobic too.
- A slow burning film featuring a brilliant solo performance by one actor.
- Great little tense thriller. Not particularly cinematic I think I could have enjoyed it just as much watching it at home. The writing was its strength rather than its directing. Would be a good play.
- Excellent performance by the lead actor but rather depressing film.
- An interesting idea, but somewhat tedious to watch all the way through.
- It did not work for me. The plot was completely implausible, and there were flaws in the direction. A junior maverick and impetuous policeman would not have been unsupervised. The office would have been a hive of activity. At the end of the shift few of the other officers (who had little to do) had changed.